- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible to use the Fitness Centers?
Eligible patrons include active duty Military, retired Military, and reservists along with their ID-card-holding family members; DOD, AAFES, DECA, APF, NAF employees and their Family members; NATO, Tri-Mission, and Host Nation civilians directly employed by USAG Benelux.
2. What are acceptable forms of ID for access to the Fitness Centers?
All patrons are required to present a valid US Military ID card or a NATO blue ID card in order to register in the RecTrac data base. Patrons will be required to complete the Family and MWR RecTrac Pass Registration Application prior to their first admittance to the facility. Swiping of US/NATO ID card is mandatory for all patrons.
3. How does an authorized patron access the facilities?
Sign in by swiping ID card with each use. Be prepared to show identification upon request when signing into the Fitness Center.
Please note that Host Nation employees may be directed to use the Fitness Center during non-peak hours.
4. What is the youth age policy for the Fitness Centers?
- Children (Teens) who are 16 and older may use the Fitness Center without parental supervision.
- Children (Teens) who are 13-15 years of age may use the cardiovascular and strength areas only when they are actively participating in the same activity as, and under the direct and interactive supervision of, a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Children who are 12 year of age and younger will not be allowed in the cardiovascular or strength areas.
- Children who are 4 years of age and older will use gender-appropriate showers, locker rooms and restrooms.
5. Are strollers or baby carriages allowed in the fitness area?
No. Strollers and baby carriages create a safety issue.
6. Can I request specific music to be played?
No. Only AFN radio stations are allowed.
7. Is there a dress code for the physical fitness centers?
Yes. Appropriate and clean athletic attire must be worn. No street clothes or shoes with cleats are allowed while utilizing the facility. Shoes worn on the courts must not mark the floor. Soiled garments and shoes will not be worn in the facility. If working out in uniform, boots are not allowed in the cardio room, on upholstered surfaces or on the Nautilus Equipment (weight lifting equipment). Jeans, dress pants, cut offs, etc. are prohibited. Shirt and shoes are required at all times. No exposed midriffs. Flip-flops are prohibited. Appropriate athletic attire will be determined by facility personnel on a case-by-case basis.
- USAREUR Commander's Cup Program
The Battalion and Separate Unit Commander's Cup Program, has now begun for the FY 2019 sports season. The purpose of the Commander's Cup Program is to recognize Battalions and Separate Units that accumulate the highest number of points from consistent involvement, participation, and team achievement in Garrison sporting and recreation activities. Sports and fitness events included in the Commander's Cup Program are the following: softball, combat cross country, flag football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, Army 10-miler qualifying race, combatives, running events and installation hosted events (i.e. boxing, golf, obstacle courses, pool, etc.). By Promoting physical fitness, troop morale and esprit de corps, this sports program will provide opportunities for participation in a variety of individual and team sports. It is designed to develop team cooperation and effectiveness through athletic competition, self-confidence and leadership qualities via a competitive and recreational channel.
Customer Safety Guidelines
• Open to all authorized patrons over the age of 16
• Maximum capacity is 20 patrons
Brussels Outdoor Fitness Classes
Mondays 6:30 - 7:30 PM: Body Pump
Wednesday at 9 AM: Yoga
Thursday 9:30 - 10:30 AM: Body Pump
Outdoor Class Safety Guidelines
• Max class size is 20
• Age 16+ only permitted to participate
• Sharing equipment is prohibited
• Participants must bring towel and water bottle
• Social distancing and hygiene procedure enforced
• Face covering not required
• No public restrooms available
• In event of inclement weather, class canceled
Classes held at the Brussels American School (BAS) Sports Field.
24 Hour Fitness is Currently Not Available.
The Fitness Center has equipment including treadmills, elliptical, stationary bikes, rowing machines, weight machines, and a myriad of free weights. We also offer fitness classes, (call for most recent and updated scheduling), intramural team sports and seasonal fun runs for the whole family!
The Fitness Center welcomes you to challenge your mind and body with the different activities we have to offer. With certified professionals on hand, we are here to help you meet your goals.
The facility is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To gain access after hours, you may register your Common Access Card (CAC) at the Fitness Center during business hours. All users must sign a liability statement to use the facility after hours. If you would like a tour of our facility, please give us a call and we will be delighted to make an appointment.
We welcome U.S., NATO, U.S. Mission, and U.S. Embassy ID Card Holders. Stop by today!